Health & Fitness Center
We are “More Than” |
Our Mission |
Classes and Programs |
We are “More Than”
Anderson Health and Fitness Center is more than your average gym. Whether you’re transitioning from a rehab program to an active lifestyle, trying to lose weight, build muscle tone, or train for a sporting event, Anderson Health and Fitness Center can help you achieve your goals.
- Two group exercise studios with over 50 classes per week including TRX, yoga, pilates, Zumba and more
- CrossFit Box
- Expansive fitness floor with Nautilus, Cybex and Hammer resistance equipment
- Cushioned walk/jog track (13.5 laps per mile)
- Cardiovascular Exercise Floor including 30 machines (ellipticals, cross trainers, bikes, stair climbers, and flex-deck treadmills)
- 2 Racquetball courts
- Full-size basketball court
- Locker rooms with full-size lockers; toiletries and towels provided
- Whirlpool & steam room in each locker room
- Kid’s Club- supervised area for children ages 3 months (with shots) to 7 years
- Lounge and vending area
- Conference/education classrooms
The mission of Anderson Health and Fitness Center is to create a healthy environment that engages members in the pursuit of health and physical fitness. With a facility such as this, the emphasis is on enjoying exercise for its own sake and learning fitness habits for life. This means members have a place where they can focus on lifetime fitness goals and individual achievement, plus find opportunities to improve their health and well-being.
Our team of degreed and certified fitness specialists and health educators work with our members to develop a personalized fitness program that helps them achieve the benefits of exercise including:
- Improved quality of life
- Reduced risk of heart disease, diabetes and cancer
- Weight control and enhanced body composition
- Healthier bones, muscles and joints
- Increased flexibility
- Increased muscle strength and endurance
- Increased cardiovascular fitness
- Lower blood pressure
- Reduced stress
- Healthier outlook
Classes and Programs
At Anderson Health & Fitness Center, a variety of group exercise and health education class offerings are available. Members do not have to sign up in advance for group exercise classes. Some classes may have a maximum number of participants, so come prior to class. We also have a separate yoga, Pilates, multi-fitness and cycling studio.
Classes include but are not limited to:
- Low impact aerobics
- Step and tone classes
- High energy aerobics such as Cardio Kick
- Circuit training
- Yoga (beginning and more advanced classes)
- Group cycling
- Power stretching
- CrossFit (additional cost)
- TRX (additional cost)
Our monthly specials differ, so please call 601-553-6622 for more information on membership rates. While we do charge a joining fee, members are never locked into a contract. Members may cancel at any time. The only thing we require is a 30-day written notice from the first of the month. Minimum age for membership is 18 years old. If you are between the ages of 12-17, you must join with a parent or legal guardian. Anderson employees receive a discounted membership.
Benefits of Exercise
In this Medical Minute, Kristen Tibbetts, Fitness Director at Anderson Health and Fitness Center, explains the benefits of exercise and offers simple and effective ways to keep your heart and body fit.
New Year’s Fitness Resolution
In this Medical Minute, Adam Hodges, Director of Anderson Health and Fitness Center, explains how to set a fitness plan in motion that will keep you rolling through the entire year.