Health & Fitness Center
We are “More Than” |
Our Mission |
Classes and Programs |
We are “More Than”
Anderson Health and Fitness Center is more than your average gym. Whether you’re transitioning from a rehab program to an active lifestyle, trying to lose weight, build muscle tone, or train for a sporting event, Anderson Health and Fitness Center can help you achieve your goals.
- Two group exercise studios with over 50 classes per week including TRX, yoga, pilates, Zumba and more
- CrossFit Box
- Expansive fitness floor with Nautilus, Cybex and Hammer resistance equipment
- Cushioned walk/jog track (13.5 laps per mile)
- Cardiovascular Exercise Floor including 30 machines (ellipticals, cross trainers, bikes, stair climbers, and flex-deck treadmills)
- 2 Racquetball courts
- Full-size basketball court
- Locker rooms with full-size lockers; toiletries and towels provided
- Whirlpool & steam room in each locker room
- Kid’s Club- supervised area for children ages 3 months (with shots) to 7 years
- Lounge and vending area
- Conference/education classrooms
The mission of Anderson Health and Fitness Center is to create a healthy environment that engages members in the pursuit of health and physical fitness. With a facility such as this, the emphasis is on enjoying exercise for its own sake and learning fitness habits for life. This means members have a place where they can focus on lifetime fitness goals and individual achievement, plus find opportunities to improve their health and well-being.
Our team of degreed and certified fitness specialists and health educators work with our members to develop a personalized fitness program that helps them achieve the benefits of exercise including:
- Improved quality of life
- Reduced risk of heart disease, diabetes and cancer
- Weight control and enhanced body composition
- Healthier bones, muscles and joints
- Increased flexibility
- Increased muscle strength and endurance
- Increased cardiovascular fitness
- Lower blood pressure
- Reduced stress
- Healthier outlook
Classes and Programs
At Anderson Health & Fitness Center, a variety of group exercise and health education class offerings are available. Members do not have to sign up in advance for group exercise classes. Some classes may have a maximum number of participants, so come prior to class. We also have a separate yoga, Pilates, multi-fitness and cycling studio.
Classes include but are not limited to:
- Low impact aerobics
- Step and tone classes
- High energy aerobics such as Cardio Kick
- Circuit training
- Yoga (beginning and more advanced classes)
- Group cycling
- Power stretching
- CrossFit (additional cost)
Our monthly membership specials differ, and we will be glad to review the current rates with you at the center.
While we do charge a joining fee, members are never locked into a contract. Members may cancel at any time. The only thing we require is a 30-day written notice from the first of the month. Minimum age for membership is 18 years old. If you are between the ages of 12-17, you must join with a parent or legal guardian. Anderson employees receive a discounted membership.
New Year’s Fitness Resolution
In this Medical Minute, Adam Hodges, Director of Anderson Health and Fitness Center, explains how to set a fitness plan in motion that will keep you rolling through the entire year.