Physical therapists generally focus on improving physical function by addressing muscle strength, flexibility, endurance, balance and coordination. Your individualized treatment plan will be based on your specific needs and goals, but could include education and training in the following areas:
- Activities of daily living (ADLs)
- Balance and gait training
- Exercise programs
- Graston Technique®
- Heat and cold therapy and massage
- Lee Silverman Voice Treatment LSVT® BIG™
- Muscle retraining
- Pain management
- Spine injury and chronic conditions
- Use of wheelchairs, walkers, canes and crutches
- Physical therapists also use physical modalities as well as treatments of heat, cold, ultrasound and electrical stimulation.
Physical therapists also use physical modalities as well as treatments of heat, cold and water to assist with pain relief and muscle movement.