Anderson Regional Medical Center is designated as an accredited Chest Pain Center by the Society of
Cardiovascular Patient Care (SCPC).
Anderson is the only accredited chest pain center in Meridian, and one of eight centers in Mississippi.
This accreditation demonstrates our expertise in the following areas:
- Integrating the emergency department with the local emergency medical system
- Assessing, diagnosing and treating patients quickly
- Effectively treating patients with low risk for acute coronary syndrome and no assignable cause for their symptoms
- Continually seeking to improve processes and procedures
- Ensuring the competence and training of Accredited Chest Pain Center personnel
- Maintaining organizational structure and commitment
- Having a functional design that promotes optimal patient care
- Supporting community outreach programs that educate the public to promptly seek medical care if they display symptoms of a possible heart attack
Anderson offers patients with chest pain rapid monitoring and evaluation by a highly trained staff of cardiac specialists. Our emphasis is on rapid treatment and providing a quiet, comforting environment for the patient and family.